The Northside Public Safety Council is a separate non-profit corporation composed of community leaders, businesses, government officials, the City of Pittsburgh Housing Authority, various multi-family private rental property owners, the Zone 1 Police Department, and other stakeholders. NSLC provides staff support and financial administration to the Northside Public Safety Council.
The Northside Public Safety Council has an open recruitment policy and we welcome new members. The mission of the Northside Public Safety Council is to work in conjunction with the Zone 1 Police Department to bring back a better quality of life and safety to Northside streets.
Accomplishments made to date:
• Building Community Consensus
• Acting as a liaison between the Neighborhoods and the Public and Private Sectors
• Creation of short term and long term goals that address quality of life issues
• Community awareness and information
• Citizen Observer Awareness Alert website
Citizen Observer is a free online tool, first piloted by the Northside Public Safety Council and later expanded to all of the Police Zones in the City. Knowledge is Power - Log on to the website and register to receive alerts.